Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dan Hardy attributes experience with Georges St-Pierre for personal growth

A few years back UFC welterweight Dan Hardy was a top contender and one of the brightest stars in the division. He was also known for talking trash as much as he was for delivering the goods come showtime.

However, a run of losses inside the Octagon have since humbled Hardy who only recently got back on the winning track with a knockout win over Duane Ludwig in May. To end up in the positive place he now finds himself at Hardy had to change a number of things in his life including his camp. Though it may have been an uphill battle, according to Hardy it was well worth the struggle and he has one man to thank for helping set him on the right path and it happens to be someone he’s fought ? Georges St-Pierre.

Hardy Talks About His New Team

?I’m not really sure how it all worked itself out, but I will say this, if I hadn’t had that losing streak, it never would have happened. Losing to GSP was the best thing that could have happened to me,? explained Hardy in an interview with Bloody Elbow of the man he met at UFC 111 for the welterweight belt.� ?If I would have won the belt, I most likely would have turned into some insufferable loud mouth that people wouldn’t have liked.?

?I would rather be liked than be the champion,? he continued. ?To be the champion, you have a responsibility, and I wasn’t ready to have that responsibility.

Hardy has had a chance to train with St-Pierre a handful of times since their bout, saying the welterweight champion has served as an example of the type of fighter he?d like to be.

?After spending time with GSP, I feel like he is responsible as a champion. He conducts himself well, and he communicates well with people, and he understands the title that he’s got and the position that he has in the sport. He’s not, ‘Well, I’m the champion and you all should respect me.’ He’s just not that guy. He’s still working hard as a martial artist. That’s why I got into this in the first place. I wanted to be a martial artist,? finished Hardy, showing great respect towards his divisional peer.

Hardy?s next fight is set for September 29 in his hometown of Nottingham, England where he?ll face TUF 7 winner Amir Sadollah.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/17/dan-hardy-attributes-experience-with-georges-st-pierre-for-personal-growth

Wladimir Klitscho David Haye Cornelius K9 Bundrage Miguel Cotto

No comments:

Post a Comment