Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trash Talk 2010: Amir Khan's 'Glass Jaw,' David Haye's 'Scared'

Filed under: , , , , , , ,



The year 2010 is over, but it was, nevertheless, replete with quotable fighting words, if not, quality bouts. FanHouse has combed its archives for some of the more juicy, incendiary and boastful challenges made by the Klitschkos, Devon Alexander, Tim Bradley, David Haye, Amir Khan, and other boxers.

Below are the results.


A Dec. 8 press conference exchange between southpaw WBC junior middleweight (140 pounds) king
Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 knockouts) and his Jan. 29 opponent, WBO titlist Tim Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs):





Bradley: In the past, they've been talking a lot of s**t. Devon has been talking a lot of s**t on the internet. But now it's time. Now it's time to back up all of that s**t that you've been talking.

That I'm a coward, that I'm soft, that I won't step up to the challenge. No, son, y'ou've got it wrong. You're running into the 'Desert Storm,' son.

And on Jan. 29, it's going to be on, and you had better damn sure bring everything that you've got to this fight, son. I promise you that.






Alexander: I ain't worried. You're worried.

Bradley: I'm not worried.

Alexander: This is easy.

Bradley: No, you're easy."

Alexander: Come on, you all, put a ring up in here right now.


England's WBA junior welterweight titlist Amir Khan (24-1, 17 KOs) prior to his Dec. 11 unanimous decision win over Marcos Rene Maidana (29-2, 27 KOs) whose co-feature had southpaw Victor Ortiz (28-2-1, 22 KOs) and Lamont Peterson (28-1, 14 KOs) battling to a draw:



Khan:
On Alexander's disputed decision over Ukrainian-born Andriy Kotelnik (31-4-1, 13 KOs) and Bradley's non-title decision over welterweight (147 pounds) Carlos Luis Abregu (29-1, 23 KOs) :

After watching the last fight of Alexander, there are a lot of weaknesses. I think Maidana has more than the other two [Bradley and Alexander]....skill, heart, everything.

Ortiz is a good fighter. I think that's a future opponent. He's tough and has a good style and is quite explosive. Ortiz, I think that's a good fight for me in the future.

I don't see Bradley as a threat. Maybe two years ago, I said that I see him as a threat.

Khan: On his six straights wins, including four by knockout, since being stopped in 54-seconds by Breidis Prescott in September of 2008:

At that time, people were saying 'would you fight Bradley?,' and I wouldn't fight him because, two years ago after my defeat, I wanted to build myself up again. Now? I think I would walk over him.


Bradley:
Responding to Khan.

Maidana is a big puncher with a good chin, and that's it. Skill-wise? Maidana has no skills. Zero. He's a straight-forward fighter.

But after Maidana gets through with Khan -- and Maidana is going to knock his a** out -- and after I'm done whipping up on Devon Alexander, I'm going to show Khan how to beat Maidana.

I really think that Maidana is going to beat Khan, because Khan has a glass jaw.


 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2011/01/01/fighting-words-amir-khan-has-a-glass-jaw-david-haye-is-scar/

Vitali Klitschko Wladimir Klitscho David Haye Cornelius K9 Bundrage

No comments:

Post a Comment