Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekend Afterthoughts: The Performances Of Giovanni Segura And Ivan Calderon, Revisited; DeMarcus Corley, Cult Favorite; Hank Lundy, Revived; More [UPDATED]

Because a whole bottle of wine and two large glasses of whiskey do not make for ideal writing conditions unless you're Jack Kerouac, I figured I'd rewatch the big fight from last weekend -- Giovanni Segura-Ivan Calderon -- with fresh, sober eyes, plus check out Marcos Maidana-DeMarcus Corley and more for some Weekend Afterthoughts.
First, a mild note of self promotion: I've taken to being a guest from time to time on SIRIUS 98 where I talk with Corey Erdman -- most recently on Friday -- so if you're into the radio thing, watch the Twitter feed at right for notification of when I'll be appearing and the occasional mp3 of my segment. Erdman's a good boxing writer and I like him as a radio host, too. (While we're talking radio: I tend not to consume boxing info that way myself, but I did check out Ring Theory for the first time recently and I enjoyed it. Eric Raskin and William Dettloff play off each other well and the format is interesting.)

Leon Spinks John Tate Mike Weaver Randy Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment