Monday, May 23, 2011

The Rest Of The Weekend's Boxing Schedule, Featuring Chad Dawson, Joel Julio, Christopher Martin And More

Angelo_Dundee_and_Carmen_Basillio_1957_by_Jace_McTier2-339x404
Several years back, when I first started blogging, I got a nice note from an artist named Jace McTier. He showed me his boxing-related paintings, and while I liked them, I told him I was too "art-dumb" to say whether that meant anything.

Clearly his work is actually good to more than just me, as Jace has gone and gotten all popular and stuff (although maybe he was back then, too, and I was too dopey to realize it). Above is a painting from his Angelo Dundee collection. Here is one of his paintings at the re-opening of Dundee's gym, photographed in the Boston Herald. Here is an article from this week about his work. And here is where you can check out all of his stuff, if you're an art fan or boxing fan or boxing art fan.

Also, you have to like someone who says the word "Herculeses."

That serves as an intro totally unrelated to this week's schedule. Sadly, we missed the chance to spotlight middleweight Andy Lee before his bout on Thursday, but FWIW, he swept Alex Bunema on the NESportsTV.com webcast. And I covered one of the weekend's best fights and Andrew Harrison covered the other. But there are more bouts besides that we haven't covered yet this week.

Source: http://queensberry-rules.com/2011-articles/may/the-rest-of-the-weekends-boxing-schedule-featuring-chad-dawson-joel-julio-christopher-martin-and-more.html

Kimbo Slice Sugar Ray Leonard Sugar Ray Robinson Rocky Marciano

No comments:

Post a Comment